As of 2009, the following is a list of the largest hospitals in Central Florida ranked by number of acute care beds:
1. Florida Hospital: Located in Orlando, FL with 1,080 acute care beds and 46,876 acute care admissions. Services offered: Cardiology, neuroscience, transplants, cancer, pediatrics, orthopedics, digestive health, diabetes, women and obstetrics.
2. Orlando Regional Medical Center: Located in Orlando, FL with 808 acute care beds and 35,524 acute care admissions. Services offered: Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital, burn center, heart and vascular, cancer, orthopedics, neurosciences, robotic surgery.
3. Florida Hospital Altamonte: Located in Altamonte Springs, with 341 acute care beds and 19,511 acute care admissions. Services offered: Orthopedics, bariatrics, general surgery, obstetrics, cancer, cardiac, radiology/imaging, emergency department, digestive.
4. Leesburg Regional Medical Center: Located in Leesburg, FL with 309 acute care beds, 18,472 acute care admissions. Services offered: Cardiovascular, neurosurgery, general surgery, orthopedics, oncology, gastroenterology, vascular, pulmonary, obstetrics, pediatrics.
5. WInter Park Memorial Memorial Hospital: Located in Winter Park, FL with 297 acute care beds and 15,889 acute care admissions. Services offered: Obstetrics, women’s health, orthopedics, ear, nose and throat, oncology, minimally invasive surgery, emergency room services.