In the current real estate market in most homeowners are facing a scary reality; a rapid depreciation in their home's value.
According to the National Association of Realtors, the median existing home prices continue the downward trend and are not expected to recover until well into 2009.
One way to buck that trend and boost the value of your home is to make some basic renovations however there is no need to embark on big ticket projects, you most likely will not recoup all of the costs anyway. Instead, seek out some inexpensive projects that will not only brighten up the place may put a little extra cash in your pocket should you decide to sell your home. Here are five you may want to consider:
1. Paint; a little fresh paint or varnish can go a long way but remeber to keep neutral colors if you are selling soon.
2. Basic Maintenence; aim to complete a few small maintenence projects each month, like fixing the creaky floor or replacing the cracked light swith plate.
3. Energy Efficient Upgrades; such improvements will cut your energy bills, but they will also be attractive to buyers hunting for more earth-friendly homes.
4. Install New Fixtures; new hardware can completely refreshen an outdated home and the cost is cheap.
5. Landscaping; a first good impression is critical for buyers as is having good curb appeal.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
My Florida Regional MLS (updated 11/18/17)
What Seniors Need to Know Before Purchasing a New Home
Purchasing a home can throw curve balls your way at any age, but the potential pitfalls can be magnified when the one doing the purchasing is a senior. Plenty of seniors, however, are able to finance a new home, move, and live comfortably in their new setting. Here are some of the things you must know before diving in headfirst. Read More
Karen is featured again in the premier REALTORS in Orlando Magazine
Whether you’re trying to buy or sell real estate, getting the best deal—especially in these challenging times—means finding an agent who possesses savvy and know-how and gets results. On these pages are some Central Florida agents who have demonstrated those skills.
Orlando magazine’s list of “Hot 100’’ real estate professionals is in alphabetical order and compiled from several sources. We consider data on sales volume, value of sales, number of sales, number of listings and value of listings. Read More