1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with your temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.
3. Please have me spayed or neutered.
4. Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I have only you.
5. Speak to me often. Even if I do not understand your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you must know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.
6. Take me in when it is cold and wet. I am a domestic animal and am no longer accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands petting me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well, to romp and play and do you bidding. By yourside, I stand ready, willing and able to share my life with you, for that is what I live for. I will never forget how well you have treated me.
7. Do not hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food. I have been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.
10. When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is taken gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when it is time to say goodbye. Never say, "I can 't bear to watch." Everything is easier for me when you are there. I will leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in your hand. I love you.
All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independent verified. Listing information is provided for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.
The source of the listing data is as follows:
My Florida Regional MLS (updated 7/26/17)
What Seniors Need to Know Before Purchasing a New Home
Purchasing a home can throw curve balls your way at any age, but the potential pitfalls can be magnified when the one doing the purchasing is a senior. Plenty of seniors, however, are able to finance a new home, move, and live comfortably in their new setting. Here are some of the things you must know before diving in headfirst. Read More
Karen is featured again in the premier REALTORS in Orlando Magazine
Whether you’re trying to buy or sell real estate, getting the best deal—especially in these challenging times—means finding an agent who possesses savvy and know-how and gets results. On these pages are some Central Florida agents who have demonstrated those skills.
Orlando magazine’s list of “Hot 100’’ real estate professionals is in alphabetical order and compiled from several sources. We consider data on sales volume, value of sales, number of sales, number of listings and value of listings. Read More