The following is a list of tips on inexpensive ways to may your property that you are selling more attractive to buyers:
1. Improve first impressions. Touch up the paint on the front door and the other areas that buyers see first.
2. Clean up the landscaping. Trim hedges and trees, and plant some annuals in the flower beds.
3. Paint the interior. A coat of light yellow or cream with contrasting white woodwork looks fresh and clean.
4. Refurbish the floors. Buff the hardwoods. Install new carpets or at least get them professionally cleaned.
5. Take care of the big problems. If the house needs a roof or the front stoop is crumbling, get it fixed.
6. Buy warranties. Putting appliances under warranty gives homebuyers a secure feeling.
7. Improve energy efficiency. New windows or improved insulation tell a potential buyer that the seller is on top of things
and they also come with tax benefits.
8. Replace light fixtures. Updated fixtures, especially at the entrance way and in the foyer create a good first impression.
9. Replace the stove. Homeowners whose kitchen is not top of the line can jazz it up for a few hundred dollars by purchasing a new stove, which gives the room a fresh feel.
10. Tidy up the bathrooms. Get rid of mildew, recaulk and replace stained sinks.
Copyright 2010 Information Inc.
©2015 getorlandorealestate.com - all rights reserved. | Site Map | The Lake Mary / Heathrow Florida Real Estate Blog